Saturday, August 1, 2009

Things I've learned since Austin's SJS experience

1) Doctors all say "it's rare" - yet we have heard so many other stories on the SJS support website.

2) Many doctors have no clue how to recognize SJS or what it truly is.

3) I need to be more "in your face" when it comes to my family's health care. Doctors and PA's really don't know everything and I shouldn't be so trusting.

4) Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital is an excellent facility with excellent people working there.

5) I have a new perspective on many things...

6) We were very lucky Austin's rounds with SJS weren't more severe than what they were. Many people are not as fortunate.

7) Although many people get SJS from ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory drug, sulfa based drug or Tamiflu, Austin's seems to be brought on by a virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment